manwithdril Logo

How to stop water seeping through a wall in Hong Kong

Go back to the ..
Bathrooms sections

Home >Bathrooms >

Water is seeping through one of the cement clad walls of my village house and staining the Internal wall. How do I remedy this?

First, check for any obvious places where water might be getting in. Any large cracks or broken areas. If cement should be damaged with seeping user fast-drying cement 1$20 a small bag, which dries quickly, even in wet conditions. Pay particular attention to areas around window frames.

If there are no obvious areas of damage, water could be penetrating through the surface of the cement itself, especially if it was applied a long time ago.

The best way to get around this is to apply a waterproof sealant such as those produced by French brand Dip $300 for five litres.

If the facade also needs painting, you could kill two birds with one stone by using one of the new latex paints which have waterproofing qualities such as Kangaroo K606 water-based polyurethane waterproofing membrane, available in red, green,, white or grey $250 for four litres. All products mentioned are available from Yuen Fat Ho in Central tel: 25468020

To return to the main index press home at the bottom of the page.


If you need a Handyman in Hong Kong then please contact Mark Fraser via Whats App who can help you Whatsapp: +852 9219 8169

Home Page
Back to top